NOW LISTENING TO: SIMI

Haven't had my heart stolen yet but I feel like when it happens I will be prepared because of Simi's song "Tiff" She has the voice of an angel. Her musical style is dare I say is Afrocentric (Think Fela and Asa). I had actually stumbled upon her song somehow (honestly I can't remember) but then as fate will have it, while I was in Nigeria during Felabration week, she performed on stage.

She looked so normal in her jeans and shirt and then she started singing and I fell in love with her all over again. You know what she might have actually stolen my heart with this song but I digress. I hope she stays true to her genre and not fall in the line of popular music (there is enough of all those songs that make no sense but are good tunes to jam with at the club, no offense to those artist I actually play that kind of music all the time when I want to dance)

Anyway if you are looking for something refreshing then listen to this song and fly away with my newest obsession SIMI



 
ENJOY

You can check my instagram page @atribecalledher and watch my 15sec clip of her performing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts