YOU'RE PROBABLY DOING "HOOK UP" INTRODUCTIONS WRONG




I recently read an article titled "You're Probably Doing Email Introductions Wrong" and it was an interesting read. I actually stumbled upon the article after introducing a friend of mine to a recruiter via email, I mean to be honest I could have handled that situation a little better but anyway I learned from that post and it's encouraged me to write this article.

This isn't about business though, I was inspired to write this article when my sister showed me a group text message she was in. To give you a little background, my sister is currently single (As am I, so if you reading this and think I'm cute feel free to reach out LOL) and her friend was trying to introduce her to another friend so that they could "talk" and get to know each other. Here's what she did, she reached out to my sister letting her know she was going to add her to a group chat with THE guy, then the chat started with her, my sister and the guy. The friend started sharing pictures so that everyone could know who was who. I think the idea and her heart was definitely in the right place but the execution just didn't flow right. THE guy and my sister are now in each-others friend zone area.

I had the same thing happen to me. A friend of mine thought that me and her guy friend will make a cute couple. So one random Saturday she hits me up with a billion text messages and finally a phone call asking me to come to her house. I asked the superficial question obvi. Is he cute, does he think I'm cute? e.t.c my friend states she isn't showing me his picture or showing him mine. After a couple hours of back and forth I agree to go to her house and see this guy for myself since I was single and why the hell not? I wasn't doing anything at home. I get to my friends house, knock on the door and she isn't home, THE guy is! At this point I can't be rude and turn back, I've obviously spent time and gas coming over to her house, so i decide to stay and have a conversation with the guy. I did for a couple of hours but we friend zoned each other immediately.

Below are my simple steps and guide to successfully introducing two total strangers together. Hoping for a successful connection. I don't know if this is fool proof or guaranteed to work but hey give it a try and maybe it works. This is how i would love to be introduced to a prospective.


  1. Make sure both parties are looking for someone: The worst thing you can do is introduced two people to each other without knowing what each wants to achieve in a relationship. Find out what both parties relationship goals are. 
  2. Show the darn picture anyway!: Yes! while this sounds "on the surface"  it's a very important step. A guy doesn't decide to go talk to a girl at a party without having that first attraction to the face and body, even church guys look at a girls face and then personality, same goes for women too. There needs to be that first initial physical attraction. 
  3. Make sure both parties are interested: I personally think that the worst thing you can do is try to introduce two people that aren't quite feeling each other, it leads to hurt feelings. My suggestion after showing both parties pictures and giving your bit about why you think they should link up, ask for honest opinions and don't get upset with the truth. If one party isn't quite feeling the other party then no need for introductions. 
  4. Introduction: Okay, so once both parties agree that they would like to be introduced, make a group date, with at most three couples including your friends, this way they are forced to pair up and talk to each other and you're not this awkward third wheel in the meet up, this makes things casual and not too serious, or invite both parties for a BBQ introduce and get the hell away from both of them. If anyone isn't in the same geographic location and you want to make the introductions, then group text is awesome, make quick introductions and disband the group after they exchange their numbers. 
I personally think an in person introduction is always the best, but we know all things aren't equal, however the caveat is always make introductions in group settings and large meet ups, it makes things less awkward and the pressure isn't on too high on your friends. 

Lastly if it doesn't work out between both parties at least you know you've tried your very best with your single friends. Don't force things, don't ask too many questions unless someone is willing to tell you how things are going. Make sure you always have your girlfriends back! Like don't let your girl get played. 

Alright that's my little nugget of wisdom. Have a wonderful weekend ahead of you. Leave comments below if you have any other suggestions. I'm curious to know what you think. 

XOXO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Popular Posts