#ADULTING: DIY BATHROOM TISSUE HOLDER

It is an absolute right of passage to complete a DIY project in your new apartment. Once this is done you have successfully passed one of the many adulting test in life. I don't think I've mentioned on the blog but if you follow me on Twitter you'll know that I moved to NYC last year from New Jersey. 

Oh BOY! I miss having a car and not waking up to honk or construction noises! But I do enjoy living in the city, being able to have an extra hour of sleep and partying till whatever time without having to worry on when the last train leaving NYC departs, or having a sober driver to take me and my girls home (I have to say please never drive drunk! always have a designated driver! if no one is sober splurge and get a hotel to sleep the night, your life is so precious) 

OK back to the matter! Over the weekend I created a tissue paper holding cube and this is super easy guys! wouldn't take you more than an hour at the most to get things done.



You'll need; 
  1. A box or cube of sort. I got this from my sister when i was moving last year, I don't know where she got it from (I think pier 1 imports) an alternative could be a wooden crate 
  2. Spray paint in the color you're totally obsessed with at the moment. I'm totally into rose gold, copper and wood. I got this spray paint from Michaels (you need an ID to purchase spray paint) 
  3. Not necessary but a spar on primer could affect the final product. I didn't use one for this but my next project I'll definitely try priming the piece first, especially if its a rough surface. 
  4. A piece of cardboard to help save your floor!!!!!! 




From here on out it's super easy, make sure your wood is dust and dirt free and then you want to just spray paint on all the surfaces of your piece. 
I would not advise using a paper or nylon bag as the floor protect-ant because if you do get a little bit of wind, these materials easily lift up and can smudge your already drying art work. 

That's it folks! Please leave a comment if you try this easy DIY, I would love to see other peoples creativity. 

xoxo 

1 comments:

 

Popular Posts